Thursday, December 10, 2009

If you have tights for ballet, can you also use it for ice skating???

*optional question* if you are into ice skating lessons, what level are you in and how many months did it take you to reach that level??



If you have tights for ballet, can you also use it for ice skating???home theatre



Ballet tights would be freezing!! Skate tights are thicker, warmer, and more durable than ballet tights. I've used dance tights underneath my skate tights for extra warmth on the ice, as I thought two skating tights were too thick and constraining for me - but never dance tights alone.



On the flip side, I have used skate tights in ballet on those real cold days! :)



*Optional answer* I'm in Adult Gold level, but haven't skated in nearly 4 years now!!



If you have tights for ballet, can you also use it for ice skating???ballet theater opera theater



yes of course you can there arn't any rules about these things
There aren't rules againts ballet tights, but it makes you look less professional. Plus, the ballet tights won't hold up on the ice for long. The ballet tights are also way thinner, so your legs will be much colder. I really would suggest just getting some skate tights now because you will eventually have to get skate tights when you get up into competitions. Also, the skate tights always fit better than ballet tights. I know because I used to do ballet.



Good Luck In All!
Only as an underlayer. Some of the dance tights are a little silkier than skating tights. But they're cold!



I'm languishing around FS 1 and it took, I don't know, maybe a year? I'm not exactly setting the skating world on fire; I just skate for fun.
Sure, Why not.
Of course you can use the same tights. I passed my senior moves, intermediate freestyle, and pre-gold dance. It took me ten years, but I haven't always been doing tests.
You can, but they will not keep you very warm and will tear easily if you fall and end up sliding on the ice. I've been dancing for 10 years so I have lots of pink ballet tights and I also have a pair of skating tights because I was curious what the difference was between the two types of tights. I like my ballet ones a lot more, they are softer and fit better in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I am used to them. Anyway I have found that if I wear my ballet tights under a pair of jazz pants it works well for skating and so does a skirt/dress with the skating tights. Hopes this helps!



Optional: I'm currently just a recreational skater, but I've learned a few things from my friend who is a figure skater. I'm going to take lessons this summer though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd