Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is better to take up? ballet or gymnastics to improve or help me in figure skating?

Gymnastics and I'm not just saying that since i absolutely LOVE gymnastics.Just like gymnastics, figure skating is judged by judges of that sport. First off, in figure skating you must have balance right? Well then try out the beam! Try walking across it with your eyes closed! Then try doing tricks on the beam. If you have a lot of balance you will be able to be a great skater! If you want to be able to do tricks and spins...then you must practice that during gymnastics. Plus, gymnastics is the best sport in the world. It is so fun! And....its not as hard as you think it is. Learning how to do flips and stuff during gymnastics will really help you preform tricks on the ice! Good luck! :))



What is better to take up? ballet or gymnastics to improve or help me in figure skating?opera score



I would say ballet. One of the most important things about a figure skater is the grace with which she does such athletic things. I believe ballet would help you achieve that flawless movement that people love to watch on the ice.



What is better to take up? ballet or gymnastics to improve or help me in figure skating?musicals opera theater



as a former skater, I would say ballet...this will help improve poise and balance which is a necessity for skating...good luck..
They would both help.



Pick a goal. Jump higher, spin faster, or be more elegant on the ice. Then choose.
id go for gymanstics coz its not boring
if ur a a girl then ballet !!! its really sweet................
Ballet is definately going to help improve you figure skating more, ballet is much more graceful like figure skating. Gymnastics builds muscle wich figure skaters may want for jumping, but overall it will not help having extra muscle.
You should definetly go for gymnastics. I am a gymnast, like the kind trying to go to the olympics, and I think flexability and balance will really help. Gymnastics also helps you learn hoe to have good posture and not fall. It will help a lot.
I think both will have their benefits, as for stretching and improved flexibility. However, as a figure skater, I'd lean towards ballet, since it will also improve your posture and give you nice flow of the arms and body. I think the ugliest thing is perhaps to see a good skater with bad posture. Ruins the image, just like good food with bad presentation.
I'd say both, they will probably both be a big help with figure skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd