Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is 17 to old to start ballet?

yes - you will be broken in two like an old dry twig



Is 17 to old to start ballet?imax theatre



It's never too old to start anything. Not sure if you could make it professionally but def not too old to learn it.



Is 17 to old to start ballet?performing show opera theater



absolutly not! in fact, is kind of advantageous because when you are older you are more commited and motivate and could probably learn in months what it tooke little kids to learn in years



.
Not if thats what you want to do



Enjoy
no, of course not! If you keep trying you can be very good. Ballet will be really fun!
nope. but youd have to join an adult class full of old people. plus you are too old to do it professionally. most ballerinas are started by the age of 4, are on points by age 9, and can do incredible things by age 17. youll never be able to compete in the professional world, but its always good for the figure and body to start any form of discipline
You are never too old to learn! Just remember to relax and have fun! I'm hoping you will decide to dance so you will feel the joy of what I love to do most! If it's what you what to do, you will learn quickly.
don`t be daft , as long as your fit go for it
No. I am male (middle aged) and I started to learn ballet when I was 17. I had no real professional classes but I had a landlady who had been a ballerina - she taught me. So I am still flexible, relaxed, thin ... I don't practise every day but I keep it going. I wish I had been that bloke who played Billy Elliott at 24 - he was great. But I loved that ballet of Swan Lake anyway with all those male dancers. I just love to dance nowadays, any old how. It doesn't matter. Last week I heard Little Richard's Good Golly Miss Molly and I was straight up there in my living room, dancing. Just roll the carpet back.
Hi,



My mother is 78, and still does a bit of ballet, although perhaps not too gracefully, as she would freely admit.



So I guess that thererfore there is no age limit.



Go for it.



Bob.
Absolutely not! I took dance when I was very young and then didn't get back into it until I was 19 going on 20! I'm 21 now and I've improved SO MUCH in only 2 years! In fact, being older can really have it's advantages: in many ways you are physically stronger and are more mature when it comes to your stage presence. I dance with advanced dancers still in high school and I've noticed these advantages. Like others have said, if it's something you want to do and you love to dance--give it a shot! You may just be a natural!! Good luck!



P.S. We've recently had a mom of three join our advanced class because she wanted to get back into dance after being out of it for nearly 10 years!
never too old, however you may need to work harder as you may not be as supple
you're never too old to start something. just get out there and do it
Ballet is a great way to stay in shape. I teach and own my own dance studio and I have students that started ballet with me when they are in their 40's. Make sure that you are being properly trained in technique and that your placement such as your knees are properly placed when you dance. Lastly be sure that you are taking from an instructor who is well trained in Ballet.
I started lindy hop at 40 and its wonderful. Go for it and keep within your sphere of ability. It will keep you fitter and more supple than any other form of excercise, (apart from yoga maybe)
no its not. i know plenty of women even in their 30's. there is not a good chance you will become pro in a large company. but there are smaller groups and even just do it for the love of dance.
Definately not too old. It is more a question of 'are you too fat?' If you are not too fat then by all means try. It does involve a lot of hard work though. And dancing.
Definitely not! Enjoy it!! Ballet./dance is one of the best ways to keep fit, and it also keeps you supple which will help when you get older :) Join a beginners adult's class and you'll have a brilliant time!
I think it might be tough to find a beginner ballet class at your age. But good luck finding one =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd