Saturday, December 5, 2009

Too young to see the Nutcracker Ballet?

I am possibly getting tickets to see the Nutcracker for my mom and I. She wants to bring my 3 year old niece, but I'm concerned that she might be too young for it. I think she'd enjoy the dancing, but we won't be sitting super close, I don't think she'll understand the story, and I'm afraid of her getting fidgety and whiny. What do you think? Too young?



Too young to see the Nutcracker Ballet?violin



It really depends on the child. I took my cousin to see it when she was almost 3 she did fine. If you go to a matinee, the whole audience is going to be full of children. The first act is very exciting, but the second act gets tiresome (for little kids) as the dances and music get slower. My cousin fell asleep towards the end. It might help to prepare the child for what's going to happen and to make sure you walk around a lot during the intermission.



Too young to see the Nutcracker Ballet?chinese theater opera theater



when my daughter was 5 she saw it and it was waaaaaay to old for her. she was bored out of her mind.
Well if she scares easily probaly not, because of the cannon, but even though she may not understand the story she would probaly enjoy it.
never to young to see the nutcracker, my mother took me from age 1, every year til she passed now i take my kids age 1-18, this could become a tradition for you and your neice it will mean the world to her, she will do fine she doesn't have to understand the story to enjoy it but you would be surprised at how much she will understand it is such a great idea
Yes, I'm thinking that she's too young. However, when I worked for the theatre in college, the Nutcracker always drew young crowds. There were always really young kids that would attend. Whether they enjoyed it or even understood it is up for debate, but I do know there were a lot of kids who would just fall asleep or become easily bored (and annoying to those people sitting near them). But you know your niece best...
I went to see the Nutcracker when I was young. I loved it. My little sister couldn't sit still. My 9 year old just went.. and fell asleep! But my 6 year old loved it. I don't think I would bring a toddler. Its a little long for a toddler's attention span.
She'd probably enjoy it, but I think she's not going to be able to sit through the whole thing. I say, go and enjoy it and when she's older, bring her with you so she'll appreciate it. There are tons of other holiday type things you can do with your mom and niece.
I agree that it does depend on the child. I was three when I first saw it and I was amazed with the costumes and stuff. But my son who's five will not sit through anything! He gets antsy lol I think if you took her, it'll give you something to talk about afterwards. Like have her describe her favorite costume or part. Who knows, it may even inspire her to want to dance herself!
It really depends on the child. I've been taking my daughter to the ballet (and plays and concerts) since she was 3. Some kids might not be ready until much later.



If it's a matin茅e performance, your niece will be less likely to get tired and cranky. Make sure she's fed and rested. Explain beforehand that you will all need to be very quiet during the performance so that you don't disturb anyone, and let her know that you are confident that she can do it because she's a big girl. Bring along a quiet snack and a drink that you can give her if/when she does get fidgety, let her sit on someone's lap if she needs to, and just be prepared to take her out if it's too long for her. Seats by the aisle are a good idea.



Good luck!
So was Happy Feet and that was one of the most entertaining



extravaganzas of entertainment for any age



So imagine the Nutcracker Ballet it may Sooth her to sleep



if she got Bored Ever turn the key to a music box ? lullaby..



enjoy the Show... Happy Holiday's
I brought my 3 year old daughter this year, and she LOVED it, was totally mesmerized. We weren't super close either. But, she is pretty good at sitting still and LOVES ballet, anything related to ballet. I don't think she completely understood the story, but found it enjoyable enough. Plus they do have an intermission halfway through so they can stretch their legs and get a little break. But you know your daughter best and what she can handle. I wouldn't bring my sons (6 and 4) if my life depended on it, lol!
she cant run around and its like three hrs long yea she is to young

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd